Feeling a bit chilly? Make this Berry Breakfast Porridge, stat. It’s exactly what you need on a cold winter’s morning.
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (i use a coconut/almond blend, but soymilk, or straight up almond milk, work just as well)
- Small pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of quick cooking steel cut oats, such as country choice organic brand
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cold non-dairy milk
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries, thawed
- In a small pot, combine the water, ¼ cup non-dairy milk, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to simmer and add the oats, stirring to combine. Let cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the oats from heat and place in a bowl. Top with maple syrup, 1 Tablespoon of cold non-dairy milk, and thawed red berries. Serve immediately.